Currently we are seeking an experienced and high caliber Oracle DBA for our prominent Calgary based client. This is more than just a technical role, as our clients look to us as trusted advisors. We understand their business and provide guidance, best practices, and thought leadership. Some work outside of regular business hours will be required.
• Hands on person with experience with shell scripting and windows scripting
• Familiar with supporting Oracle on Windows and/or Unix variants
• Manage, support & maintain databases including installation, monitoring,backups, performance tuning and troubleshooting issues.
• Detect, troubleshoot and Manage SQL Server related CPU, memory, I/O, disk space and
resource contention in a growing IT environment etc.
• Demonstrated technical growth and ability to take on additional responsibility
• Exposure to ASM, RAC, Grid Control, Log Shipping, Clustering would be an asset
• Excellent client-facing skills; confident and well-spoken & Customer orientation
• Work well with a team, mentor juniors, share knowledge and workload effectively
• Understanding of impact of changes and importance of change management procedures
• Demonstrated ability to identify and implement process efficiencies or best practices
• Eager to continue to grow and improve technical skills
Qualifications / Experience
• College/University education in Computer Science
• Oracle Administrator level Certification is desired
• Minimum of 5 years of DBA work experience in a variety of industries